Sunday 17 April 2016

Here’s the smell of blood still

Hazel:

This week was quite slow, I spent it working on new assets/work that needed picking up such as the exterior wall texture.




I'm really pleased with my rock texture, I've used it for parts of the interior too and replaced Duncan's room's texture with it as the normals looked a lot nicer.

Jacob:

Ellie:

This week was the last designated week for working on characters, and so I had a lot of work to do to catch up on the week of work time I lost over Easter, essentially cutting my time down to 5 weeks for both characters. I managed to get Duncan to completion this week (at least, for now), and all that is left to do on him is add a rig and pose him. This will come a bit later, as it is very important this week to help pick up some of the slack on asset creation for the overall level. I tested Duncan in engine to make sure his texture values were correct. Lady Macbeth is almost done, with her normal and ambient occlusion bakes completed, and skin polypaint ready to bake down. This just leaves the texturing of her dress and accessories (which will be done in the first day or two of next week), and then she'll be in the same situation with rigging as Duncan.








Next week will mainly be spent helping with asset creation, primarily helping create some decal textures to help break up the environment a bit, such as cracks and dirt. I will also help with things such as foliage and rock assets if more work around those is needed.

Carrie:

Finished Unwrap; Normal bake.
Sculpt
Low Poly

Low Poly Head

Normal Bake
Normal Map



Liv:

Chris:

This week I finished working on two important assets for the exterior of the castle, the portcullis gate and the doors into the various interior rooms. These took a number of iterations to fit correctly with the castle, and to successfully transfer the roughness maps for the metal portions from Substance Painter to UE4. Additionally I worked on the grass, although it has not yet reached a final version, requiring colour and model changes, as well as tweaks to the material.